Beginner Embroidery Kit (Aida Cloth)
The materials provided are traditional, yet varied, so that you may determine your preferences and begin your artistic journey into Palestine, one stitch at a time.
What’s included in the kit:
- DMC Aida embroidery fabric (14 count) size: 38.1 X 45.7 cm
- 1 pack of DMC tapestry needles
- 4 different colours of size 8 pearl cotton thread balls, curated seasonally
- The second edition of our instructional guide, which has been expanded to 24 pages, and includes:A brief introduction to Palestinian embroidery
- Instructions on the use of both aida cloth and waste canvas
- A detailed description of three stitches used in traditional Palestinian embroidery, including cross-stitch, with accompanying diagrams
- Historic patterns on a numbered grid, with their meaning and significance explained
- A directory of traditional DMC thread colors per village
Included with the purchase of a kit is a free beginner class recording led by artist and educator Wafa Ghnaim of Tatreez and Tea.
We strongly encourage you to have embroidery scissors and proper lighting while using this kit. Wafa swears by the use of natural light, or a natural light bulb with magnifier.
We ship worldwide, and the cost of shipping is included for most locations.